Hitting the road for your next long haul is an excellent opportunity to dive into the world of podcasts. In fact, the miles might pass you by more quickly than you want them to when you’re caught up in a great podcast. Whether you’re new to podcast listening or you’re a veteran with the need for more options, here’s your list of interesting podcasts of 2019*.
Interesting Podcasts of 2019
Fascinated with history or science? Want to learn more about investing? Have a thing for random trivia? There’s a podcast out there somewhere that can satisfy your educational desires. Here’s some favorites to get you started:
- 99% Invisible “is about all the thought that goes into the things we don’t think about–the unnoticed architecture and design that shape our world.” This podcast will answer questions you never knew you had while inspiring you to notice the invisible.
- Car Talk could prove useful in your driving career. This one hour listen will have you cracking up as “America’s funniest auto mechanics take calls from weary car owners.”
- Hardcore History is true to its name. Dan Carlin brings history to life through fascinating series such as “Blueprint for Armageddon” and “King of Kings.” With hours worth of listening per podcast episode, there won’t be a dull moment during your entire trip.
- The Tim Ferriss Show has been a favorite among podcasts listeners for some time now and for good reason. On this business podcast, you’ll hear interviews with greats from all walks of life including LeBron James, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Maria Popova.
- Money For the Rest of Us “is a podcast about money, how it works, how to invest it, and how to live without worrying about it.”
Sometimes what you need is a good story. True or fictional, romantic or terrifying, hilarious or tear-jerking, there’s a podcast that will surely keep you engaged for miles to come.
- The Moth Podcast “features re-airs of all new episodes of The Moth Radio Hour, plus additional stories from [their] vast archive recorded over the past two decades.” These are true stories, as remembered by the teller, shared “live and without notes, to standing-room-only crowds worldwide.
- Anansi Storytime tells “Fairy Tales and Folklore from cultures all over the world as audio plays.” These audio dramas will take you into entirely different worlds without ever stepping out of your truck.
- The Strange Case of Starship Iris follows life after “Earth narrowly won a war against extraterrestrials” in 2189.
- Welcome to Night Vale is an ongoing radio drama about “the small desert town of Night Vale, where every conspiracy theory is true.”
- The Memory Palace “is a storytelling podcast and public radio segment about the past.” These super short stories may surprise you, break your heart, or make you laugh hysterically.
Instead of constantly searching for the next radio station as you pass through city after city, try out some of these news podcasts to keep you up-to-date on the world’s happenings.
- The Globalist is a daily podcast that covers major news events around the world. The hosts hail from various countries, offering perspectives you don’t usually get from a news station.
- World Business Report will keep you up to date on breaking news all day long. 2-3 episodes are published each day following major news stories as they happen.
- TIME Spoken Edition is how you consume stories published in TIME magazine or on the website without ever taking your eyes off the road.
- The Takeaway “is America’s weekday conversation.” This podcast is all about domestic news, and tackles controversial topics in a calm and respectful manner.
We’ve barely scratched the surface of the hundreds of thousands of podcasts available. But these handful of options that are proving to be some of the favorite podcasts of 2019 will keep you entertained for miles. Don’t hear anything you fancy from this list? Check out iTunes Charts for up-to-date top 10 podcasts, then share your favorites with us!
*This list of podcasts of 2019 was chosen based on popularity and variety. The views and opinions expressed in the podcasts may not align with Wave Express. We do hope you find a podcast or two to enjoy on the road!